1. Do you have a sewing chair shopping list? That means more than just “1. Buy a sewing chair.” As you browse our selection, consider whether these features would be useful for you: wheeled or stationary, locking casters, swivel seat, back or backless, armed or armless.
2. Our sewing chairs section features multi-purpose chairs that could be used for sewing, drafting, crafting, painting, and more. Black and gray may rule the office, but we sewers look on the brighter side - just click View Color Options to find tones such as burgundy and hot pink.
3. Drafting chairs combine contemporary style with motion-conscious designs that let your body and mind roam free to wherever your creativity leads you. Our drafting chair designs feature armless seats, molded upholstery, and large footrests.
4. The painter's stool is backless that offers a good level of comfort and support without extraneous components. With a wide range of height adjustment and multiple degrees of tilt control, it's a versatile choice for multiple users.
5. Bar stools have grown more popular in recent years as a home seating option for a variety of rooms and purposes, including sewing and arts and crafts. As a sewing stool, bar stools offer an edgier aesthetic for modern sewing rooms.
6. Counter stools are similar in style to the bar stool variety, with an important difference: while bar stools typically measure 29 to 32 inches from floor to seat, counter stool seat heights range from 23 to 28 inches.
7. Lower back support often gets more attention from seat shoppers, but breathability matters too - especially when you're working at a sewing machine for hours at a time. For greater crafting comfort, look for sewing chairs and stools with mesh backs and breathable fabrics.
8. Office Star is a chair company that lives up to its name, with comfortable, multi-purpose chairs that offer stellar features for style and support. Tilt control and built-in lumbar support are complemented by functional material combinations such as leather and mesh or nylon and mesh.
9. The renewed popularity of classic sewing machines is due in part to the DIY aesthetic of handmade and vintage items. The pop colors and retro vibe of Martin Universal artisan sewing stools would make a cool match for vintage-style sewing rooms.
10. Alvin & Company is a well-known and highly regarded manufacturer of stools, chairs, and other products for graphic arts, drafting, fine art, crafts, and more. Alvin drafting chairs are among our most popular sewing room seats.